Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

So, what is a 'HAVENSTEAD' anyway?!?

Someone asked about the name Havenstead...
So I thought I'd offer a bit of information on how I came up with that name.  It is simply a hybrid of two words:

HAVEN: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/haven

HOMESTEAD: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homestead

I started using the name in some video-games, when setting up a Guild, back around 2000-2001.  As years have gone by I see the name 'Havenstead' being used in other places, not by me.  But I don't have a 'copyright' on the name or any of that BS...and honestly cannot say whether I am first to ever use it.  I actually do not care who lays claim to the name/term -- I have been using it in various formats all these years, and will continue doing so.  Just writing this now because someone asked what the name means, how I came up with it, etc., and I wanted to post something in this Blog and didn't have any other idea at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which I feel are Spam, personal attacks, offensive and/or anything else I don't approve of will be deleted. It's good to be King...LOL