Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Febreze/Swamp Cooler Update #2

Yesterday I added twice as much Febreze to the Swamp Cooler...
water reservoir (approx. 2/3-cup this time) vs. the amount I used the first time.  The smell was a bit more pronounced, but not overpowering. Unfortunately it did not seem to last any longer the second time than it did the first, so I'm going to mark this as a bust...works temporarily, but doesn't last any longer than if the product was sprayed indoors, as it was intended to be used.

3 comments:

  1. It was worth a shot, sounded like a good thing to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was surprised that it did not last any longer than it did. When I mix up Lysol concentrate in water to make a spray cleaner it uses 1-2 teaspoons in a quart of water, and the Lysol smell is very strong in that mixture in a spray bottle for a month or two -- so I was hoping the smell of the Febreze would remain in the swamp cooler for at least a few days at a time before needing refreshing...oh well, no big deal.

      Delete
    2. Update: Here is link to my thought about why it did not work the way I thought it would.
      https://mester-ezermester.blogspot.com/2014/07/one-reason-in-my-opinion-why-febreeze-i.html

      Delete

Comments which I feel are Spam, personal attacks, offensive and/or anything else I don't approve of will be deleted. It's good to be King...LOL